Massive Action Game announced for PS3

Tuesday, 15th July 2008 21:03 GMT By Patrick Garratt

SCEA just announced Massive Action Game for PS3. Zipper Interactive developing.

The game will support 256 players in single battles. It’s a squad-based combat title SCEA boss Jack Tretton says will “stretch PS3′s architecture.”

A movie was shown featureing huge battlefields, bases, bombs and vehicles.

The info came as part of the ongoing Sony E3 conference.

1. Blerk

This is from the guys who do SOCOM, right?

I’m sure someone’s excited about that. But not me. :-D

2. mortiferus

Wow more target render CGI, Whoooo Hoooooo… Not possible on any other platform… Please!

Sony’s conference was GARBAGE! NO LBP beta, no major game, no surprises… I’m disgusted!

3. Blerk

Did you really expect more?

4. Psychotext

mortiferus: He’s completely right though, no way that’s possible on another platform…

…that CGI movie was being pulled off a blu-ray.

5. Newbie101

CGI movie? Looked like in-game to me!

Or is this going to me another ‘Killzone 2 denial’ when a year later, gameplay footage is shown which is just like the footage shown the previous year.

6. el Croux

PLANT.

7. Panipal2005

This is it?

This is what Sony wanted to show instead of Team Ico or Heavy Rain? A fucking shooter?

FUCK YOU SONY. FUCK YOU RIGHT UP THE ARSE.

8. Gekidami

Why would Sony show their big Japanese games at E3 when thats what the TGS is for… Seriously get over it, Sony actually showed more then MS and nintendo, and they’ll have more at the TGS…

9. Blerk

Heavy Rain isn’t a Japanese game, man.

10. Psychotext

I like you Newbie. :)

/ruffles hair

11. mortiferus

Gekidami, MS trounced both Sony and Ninendo with more NEW games and announcements. Sony just regurgitated the same line up we have known about for weeks with a few exceptions and featured games we will not be able to play until next year.

No blockbusters featured!!! Sony’s presentation was the let down of the year! Quite frankly embarrassment is more like it. Could they shamelessly feature MSG4 any more? Boy talk about putting all their eggs in one basket! We have all beaten it already, let’s move on.

Also, TGS might have a surprise or two but nothing major. Like I have said before Japanese games are turning into western games.

12. mortiferus

@Newbie101.

a year later Sony was still showing CGI. It was only in the last year they began to show in game footage, and while it does look nice, it is NOT at the same level as the CGI trailer. Now seriously man, pass the graphic reality distortion weed…

13. Gamoc

Mortiferus…Sony didn’t announce anything because they didn’t need to, they’ve already got a fantastic lineup this year, with enough games spread out enough to keep PS3 owners busy until E3 next year. I would’ve quite liked a surprise announcement, like bringing to light Team Ico’s 2 games, but it’s hardly a huge problem that they didn’t announce too much.

Stardust portable sounds interesting, if only I had a PSP…

14. morriss

You must be joking, right? Like seriously?

15. ecu

Honestly.. this game could actually be pretty good. If this was on 360, I’m positive that people would actually be optimistic about it.

16. morriss

I haven’t got a comment on it as I was writing when the trailer was being shown and haven’t watched it since. 256 player online sounds pretty impressive though.

Still, DC Online won for me.

17. ecu

The trailer was CGI anyway, so it doesn’t matter. The idea has potential though, I’m willing to give it a chance.

I thought DC Online looked terrible though. It looked like a PS2 game. :/

18. Psychotext

ecu: I’m with you on DC online. Weaksauce.

Don’t really have an opinion on MAG. Right now it might as well be a concept.