Microsoft E3 press conference begins at 6.30pm UK time

Monday, 14th July 2008 17:09 GMT By Patrick Garratt

halo313.jpg

It’s here. We’re shaking. It’s the Xbox megaton. Microsoft’s E3 2008 press conference will begin at 6.30pm UK time, and we’ll be bringing you all the news and announcements as they happen. Hit this for all details of live video streams. If you’re not excited you’re dead inside, despite the fact about 99 percent of Microsoft’s “surprises” have been spunked all over the internet for the past three months.

Not long now.

1. G1GAHURTZ

Woo hoo!

New dashboard and a new motion sensor controller is the news that I’m looking for.

Anything else and I’m not too fussed.

2. patlike

Lips, new Halo, Halo Wars, etc, etc. Hope they have new services announcements. Sincerely hope it isn’t shit.

3. patlike

God, I’m well excited. I need to grow up.

4. ecu

I just can’t get myself excited for a Microsoft press conference. As much as I like the 360, their unveilings are always really shit, plus we already know everything they’re going to show us. Microsoft always have such an annoying smugness about them, a real air of arrogance that annoys the hell out of me, when the stuff they show is never all that. The Sony and Nintendo conferences are where it’s at, but this should be a nice warm up.

Anyway, I think the biggest thing they’ll announce that we don’t already know is.. timed exclusivity on Resident Evil 5.

5. patlike

Yeah, they may well. That’d be hilarious, frankly.

6. G1GAHURTZ

I’m pretty excited.

I’ve no idea why…

Maybe I’m just really hyped about the overload of new games related stuff on the way over the next few days.

At this E3, the main thing that I want to see is Test Drive Unlimited 2 in action, and finally get a release date for it. It’s one of my favourite games EVER and it doesn’t involve guns, so that says it all really!

7. patlike

8. ecu

“I think I’m most excited about a major Sony reveal, to be honest. I want to know if we’re going to see anything mind-popping. I doubt we’re going to get it from Microsoft.”

That’s pretty much my logic. Sony need to do something, because they’re currently in last place and selling relatively poorly. They need to come out fighting, although with the way they are currently, I doubt it.

Why would it be hilarious if RE5 was timed exclusivity? It’d be complete shit IMO. Denying a whole load of gamers just to give Microsoft something to shout about.

9. patlike

“Hilarious” as in “ridiculous”. There’ll be a shitstorm if it’s true.

10. ecu

Yeah, it’d get nasty. I actually think it’s likely because they’re probably having problems with the PS3 version (like everyone does), so they’ll sign a deal with Microsoft to get it exclusive, get a bit of money, and it gives them more time to get the PS3 version up to scratch.

11. patlike

Gamespot feed’s down, btw.

12. patlike

IGN feed’s now streaming. Looking good.

13. XDamage

Yeah, great quality. For Insiders at least. :D

14. XDamage

Ooo, Fallout 3 live demoing!

15. XDamage

Exclusive DLC for Fallout 3 on 360.

16. DrDamn

Bar a few interesting bits MS appear to have turned in to Sony c.2006 – that in the movies shite was painful.