E3 press conference timetable shows packed schedule

Monday, 7th July 2008 21:03 GMT By Patrick Garratt

e32008.jpg

Here we go. More gaming information that you can force into your brain will be released next week, and we’ll be awake as much as we can be to post it all. As you probably want to know when things are actually happening, Kotaku’s kindly put together a timing list of all the press conferences in the first three days of next week. After that it’s just the “show” itself, which probably means a heavy drop-off in news, but we’ll just have to see.

Looking at this, there’ll be no getting up in the middle of the night for Europeans eager to catch up on what’s going on this time, as all the platform holder conferences are in the morning LA time. Our California cousins are eight hours behind, so that’s about as civilized as you can expect.

All times are PST.

/was bored :/

2. Psychotext

Good man. :)

3. patlike

Heh. Nice one :D

4. Blerk

I’m looking forward to pretty much all of these! :-)

5. patlike

I just hope to God we see some “mature” generation stuff. I want brain-melter announcements from Sony and Microsoft.

*hops up and down in seat*

6. Blerk

I want a proper Bully sequel from Take-Two. And something more ‘Capcomesque’ from Capcom. And to see that Prince of Persia game in action and it be mind-blowingly good.

7. patlike

I reckon PoP’s going to be very good, providing they nail the combat. From the sound of it, if they get that wrong in any way I think it’s going to be weak. I don’t think “good exploration, rubbish fighting” is likely to wash, to be honest.

Capcom’ll be all about RE5. I just want internet-stoppers from the platform holders. The E3 conferences are the most exciting bit of the year for me, to be honest.

8. Robo_1

I’d love to see a 360 MK2, with a smaller, quieter form factor, built in wireless and a slot loading disc drive.

Aside from that, I’m always keen to see what the big N have got to wow us.

From Sony, I just want jaw dropping stuff, that people can play on the show floor. The tech should be becoming familiar now to their top teams, and I’d like to see stuff from them that puts significant distance between what we have now, and what we’ll be playing this time next year.

9. pjmaybe

LBP, Animal Crossing, Mirror’s Edge, new Battlefield (Heroes possibly, with a soupcon of Battlefield III).

Ack too much else to even think about. I think September – December are going to hammer my wallet.