Poll says 64% of Wii Fit owners have already given up

Friday, 4th July 2008 07:31 GMT By Patrick Garratt

wiifit16.jpg

It’s debatable as to whether or not Wii Fit owners are dropping pounds, but 64percent of them are certainly dropping something else: the game.

According to Kotaku, a Japanese poll conducted by IT Media revealed that 64 percent of 1,000 polled don’t even step on their Nintendo-branded living room scales any more.

For whatever it’s worth, though, the poll also found that 22 percent use Wii Fit every day, which is better than nothing, we suppose.

Now, if this were an ideal world, the anti-Wii Fit 64 percent would be spending their former Wii time at the gym, which would be great! But this is the same world that needed to disguise exercise as game, so we have our doubts.

By Nathan Grayson

1. Shatner

If I were Nintendo I’d be thrilled. The last thing they would want is for people to buy Wii fit and play it forever and ever.

Now the quitters will be ready for the next novelty addon that Nintendo will pitch to them.

If they bought it once, they’ll buy it again.

2. morriss

Wimin with tight vests on ftw.

3. Blerk

Wii Fat. That’s the next one. You have to sit on the balance board and eat pies.

4. Hero of Canton

Hardly a surprising stat really. In fact, it’s quite impressive that 36% have stuck with it. If more than a third of people who own a game are still playing it over six months after buying it, then I’d be pretty happy with that.

5. Killerbee

Same with Wii Sports. For the first few months I pretty much religiously did my Fitness Age test thing. Then, one day, many months later, they released some more games for the console and I haven’t been back since.

Now Wii Sports pretty much just comes out when I have friends over.

6. El_MUERkO

it’s probably slightly less than the number who’ve given up the wii entirely :D