Too Human is 10 hours long, “isn’t for everyone”

Monday, 30th June 2008 16:36 GMT By Patrick Garratt

Blimey. Wired’s finished Too Human and apparently it only took ten hours from beginning to end.

“Just as the story is ramping up and we get a big revelation about Baldur, the game’s over,” says the site. “I was genuinely shocked when the credit roll began, as I felt sure there was so much more left, and I was just truly getting to grips with the combat and had some nice new armor and items that I had spent a bunch of cash to craft.”

Further, “A disappointing early version shown at E3 built up an army of vocal detractors, and Silicon Knights’ outspoken president Denis Dyack has fired back some volleys of his own. The near-final version of the game that I played won’t do much to settle the issue one way or the other: Too Human has a lot of redeeming qualities, but it isn’t for everyone.”

Full thing through the link.

1. Psychotext

Pretty much puts the final nail in it for me. If it’s 10 hours long reviews had better make it out to be the most enjoyable 10 hours ever.

I really hate the amount of stupidly short games we’re getting this gen.

2. patlike

Yeah. Wobbly hands all round, innit.

3. doctorstrange

I’m lucky, as I’m so bad at games that they last forever cause i can’t get past the first stage

4. redlander

10h thats a bit rubbish. I have been holding on to my 360 for this and GOW.

5. Psychotext

You picked the wrong games. There’s far better coming. :)

6. Truk

More stupidly short games! Just make ‘em cheaper (or I have to wait until they are). I don’t have the time or inclination to play non-strategy games that take forty hours to complete.

7. ecu

“our game isn’t for everyone” = it’s shit.

8. Psychotext

ecu: It was the Wired guy that said that… not Silicon Knights. :)

9. Blerk

10 hours.. that’s about one hour of game for every year it’s been in development, isn’t it? :-D

10. Blerk

glol! Just read a rather entertaining post about this on ‘another forum’ which you might know. Seems all is not well in the land of Too Human. :-D

11. morriss

We’re already all over it :)

12. patlike