The new Famitsu has hit the Japanese streets and those busy bi-lingual internet beavers have translated a section containing loads of new Soul Calibur IV information.
The info is:
- Custom characters: Complete freedom for use of parts, color change, and cloth combinations.
- Custom characters: Body build and muscle are also adjustable, there’s a 100 levels of modification.
- Custom characters: You can change fighting styles and abilities.
- Custom characters: 50 character slots.
- Custom characters: Use parts obtained and equipment bought; you can build ninja looking characters.
- Custom characters: You can edit 20 parts of the character, you can also change voice depths, also equip parts on existing characters.
- Custom characters: Adjusting both structure and muscle build makes appearance change more visible.
- Custom characters: Appearance and voice can be modified at will.
- Single-player story mode: There will be character swapping.
- Single-player story mode: Character change can be used to perform combos, but it depletes a meter on screen in the lower left/right side.
- Single-player story mode: Teammates may suddenly join and leave at the end of the battle.
- Soulless Tower mode: A Single-player mode, the goal is to reach the top.
Soulless Tower mode: Each level has treasure chests filled with goodies.
Soulless Tower mode: Opponents have the ability to swap out while fighting players.
Soulless Tower mode: You can choose multiple CAS or existing characters, CAS may be the key to victory.
Soul Calibur IV will be released on August 1 for 360 and PS3.
Thanks to Aske from Neogaf.
By Mike Bowden