Dyack tells “the Gaf”: Stand up and be counted on Too Human

Wednesday, 25th June 2008 21:02 GMT By Mike

Silicon Knight’s Denis Dyack has posted a rallying cry to Too Human over at NeoGaf.

He’s urging all those who are looking forward to Too Human to “stand up and be counted.”

“Too Human will be out in August and I think there is going to be a lot of trolls crying here. Either way when the game comes out this forum will likely be on fire,” he said.

“So in order to try to put it out some gasoline on this fire I will ask those interested to stand up and be counted.”

Dyack added: “When the game is released and everyone plays game all the speculation will be over. If I am wrong and gamers in general think the game is ‘crap’ then I am comfortable with getting tagged ‘Owned by the GAF’.

“However, if I am right and it is received well, I would like to see those ‘Against’ to be tagged with ‘Owned by Too Human’.”

Oh dear.

By Mike Bowden

1. morriss

He didn’t allow for the “Self Ownage” that he’s just displayed.

2. patlike

Madness. He’s taken leave of his senses.

3. Hero of Canton

That’s embarrassing. If you’re confident enough in your game, you let it speak for itself. You don’t do something like this.

Asking for trouble.

4. ecu

Why is NeoGAF so popular? It’s a fucking shithole.

5. Psychotext

I’ve got a lot of respect for that to be honest. The trolling of the game over there has been pathetic with the mods not only letting it slide but actively encouraging it.

(This at a place famous for banning over the slightest things)

…and ecu, yes it is a fanboy hell, but it’s a hell that gets news very fast and has a high dev presence.

6. Psychotext

Oh… and if you find yourself daring to go to the thread, check the correlation between certain avatar types and opinions on the game. :P

7. Shatner

I like Dyack. He’s passionate.

But he’s forgotten that gamers don’t play fair and never admit to being in the wrong – especially when they have anonymity to hide behind. Poor judgement on his part.

I still want this game to be good.

8. morriss

Gaf won’t even grant me membership so therefore it’s crap. :)

9. patlike

I really do hope it’s good. But trying to “engage” a forum like that has to be an error. Don’t fight the internet. Ever. It’s pointless.

10. morriss

I fought the internet and the internet won.

11. TimClark

Dude might as well throw stones at the moon.

12. Blerk

Doesn’t exactly inspire confidence in the end product, does it?

I suspect there’d have been much less bad-talk about the game if it didn’t look completely crap.

13. SticKboy

A foolish manoeuvre – although Too Hmuan has come under an unfair amount of criticsim over at GAF. Moderators have been getting involved in various threads on the side of the game’s haters and more or less encouraging forum-goers to bash the game.

Just goes to show GAF is populated by utter twonks.

14. Psychotext

I was quite surprised to find there’s actually quite a lot of people over there looking forward to the game. The hive mind indicated otherwise… so I suppose what he did achieved something anyway.

Plus a little extra (bad) PR! :P