Majestic responds to plagiarism charges over Limbo of the Lost

Monday, 23rd June 2008 23:12 GMT By Patrick Garratt

limboofthelost2.jpg

Majestic has issued a statement to Gamespot in response to accusations that point-and-click adventure Limbo of the Lost contains “similar” artwork to that included in Oblivion and Thief.

“In response to the shocking notification that some alleged unauthorized copyrighted materials submitted by sources external to the development team have been found within the PC game Limbo of the Lost, we (the development team) have given our consent and full cooperation to both publishers who are recalling all units from all territories immediately.ā€

So. Who’s actually to blame, then?

By Jerry Burns

1. Zortel

Coding gremlins, obviously. They snuck into the studio’s computers at night and plagurised others work. Those mischevious little imps.

Or maybe the people responsible thought no one would know.

2. wz

No one would know they stole from this near-unknown title.

3. cubbymoore

I’m really confused by all this. The trailers I’ve seen for it all lead me to believe this is some sort of spoof, but apparently it’s not.

4. GordonR

“Some bad boys did it, and then ran away. Honest.”

Since they did an interview with their local paper boasting that it was only the three of them that made the game, it shouldn’t take too long for them to work out who’s responsible…

5. TJ

Sounds like an admition to me. You don’t consent to have your game recalled unless you know you’ve fucked up somewhere along the line.

6. wz

cubbymoore: I thought the same thing. I mean even “Limbo of the Lost”, c’mon now!