Rise of the Argonauts FMV released

Monday, 16th June 2008 11:45 GMT By Patrick Garratt

riseoftheargonauts3.jpg

The first official movie of Codemasters action-RPG Rise of the Argonauts has been released. You can watch it on the official site.

It’s only FMV, unfortunately, but there we are. The Liquid Entertainment title’s down for a Q4 release on PC, PS3 and 360.

1. Blerk

Very God of War. Very.

Might be all right though, if they nail it right. The preview in this month’s Edge made it sound okay.

2. patlike

I still haven’t played a God of War game. And I don’t know why, because it does appeal.

3. Blerk

They’re good fun. Bald bloke eviscerating people with sharp things while shouting a lot. Magic!

4. patlike

Might get the PSP one, I reckon. It’s short and supposed to be good. Two plusses.

5. Psychotext

It’s got tits too, which is always a plus.

6. kasai

Cool trailer but it doesn’t really appeal to me. Plus I hope they redo the main character he looks stupid.

7. patlike

*sold*

8. SplatteredHouse

Lots of game details, that I haven’t seen published elsewhere. :)
    Blerk, it’s NOTHING like God of War, according to that. To start with, it’s an RPG. ;) I’m also sold on it.

9. Blerk

Well, they keep saying it’s an RPG and then talking about the combat and hacking things to bits and stuff. Which makes it sound like God of War with some levelling… except God of War already had some levelling.

I’ll read that, though. I’m quite interested in seeing how this one pans out. A more RPG slant could be quite interesting.

10. Blerk

Sounds pretty interesting! I’m a bit worried about the ‘one hit and you’re dead’ combat, though. :-D

11. patlike

I reckon that sounds really good, yep. Might badger them for a look at it, actually.