Fri, Jun 13, 2008 | 20:53 BST
Prototype’s multiplayer may make it after all, says Radical
Speaking to videogaming247, Radical Entertainment executive producer Tim Bennison has said that the developer is “evaluating” Prototype’s multiplayer: it may make the game after all.
Benninson said in March that multiplay had been cut from the Vivendi action game.
“We’re trying to create the best possible single player experience,” the producer told us this week. “It’s an origin story and if we are successful, we’re hoping it’s the start of a franchise.
“But to do this, you’ve got to establish a great core single player experience. Having said that, we are still evaluating multiplayer to see if we can make it work in our development schedule.”
Vivendi confirmed that the game – a promising open-world, super-mutant affair – had been pushed back into 2009 at the beginning of May, having originally planned a year-end release.
Maybe the extra months mean extra features. Fingers crossed.