Ubidays 2008 wrap-up video posted

Friday, 6th June 2008 06:57 GMT By Patrick Garratt

God bless you and your cameras, IGN. The site’s posted a Ubidays wrap-up video from Paris earlier this month, hosted by brunette games kitten Jessica Chobot. It’s Friday, so watch it. It’s got video of l’Arc de Triomphe and the funny tourist boats on the Seine. And some stuff about Far Cry 2 as well.

After the link.

1. raynaa

wow, I’m impressed! you were able to undermine both her professional integrity as well as your own by referring to another journalist as a “kitten”.

Please, won’t you tell us what colour your hair is? I’m sure it’s integral to the story!!!

2. patlike

It was supposed to be ironic. I think she’s great.

*offers valium*

3. Blerk

We’re not doing well today. You’re a sexist pig and I’m a closet racist, apparently.

4. patlike

I’m sure I called John Riccitello “silver-haired” once. I’m anti-CEO too.

And I talked about Chris Evil’s muscles yesterday. I hate men. I belittle them.

5. mart

But you’re the VG247 CEO, you hypocrite. Jesus, get some integrity Pat.

6. raynaa

let’s see…

i·ro·ny – the use of words to convey a meaning that is the opposite of its literal meaning

so she’s a dog then?

7. Psychotext

Yup. Definitely a dog… I think it’s clear that’s what he was trying to get across.

8. Blerk

She’s definitely much more attractive than Pat.

9. mart

C’mon, stop looking for something that isn’t there.

10. patlike

It was supposed to be ironic in the sense that she’s obviously attractive and, in an ideal world, you wouldn’t be focusing on that. As you point out. As I said, if I comment on someone’s appearance, it doesn’t mean I’m belittling them, whatever you may think.

Do you fancy her?

11. TJ

I fancy her, but only because she comes across so deep and soulful, and nothing to do with her tits.

12. Blerk

I like her accent.

13. raynaa

good grief you guys are uptight. it’s funny how defensive men get when a woman points out how you made a comment that could *easily* be interpreted as being sexist.

even if it wasn’t your intent to be condescending, you gotta recognize that it may be perceived that way. do you really expect your readers to pick up on the highbrow social commentary you meant to imply in that little post?

I really don’t think anyone would have picked up on the “irony” in your original post, they would just think you’re calling the reporter hot, much like they didn’t pick up on the “irony” in my replies where I push buttons to show you can’t take someone poking fun at you:P

14. patlike

It’s horseshit, obviously. I just think she’s fit.

*flicks vs, punches in tits*

15. Truk

Is she not allowed to have professional integrity and be a kitten? She’s very pretty, yet is still a journalist. Will wonders never cease?

If I was to host a video, I’d expect someone would say ” hosted by the large, hairy and slightly scary Truk…”.

Join me brothers and sisters. We’ll remove all adjectives, just in case we cause offence.

16. Blerk

According to Barack Obama, the correct procedure now is for you to write her a formal letter of apology, Pat. Ask for some signed photos while you’re at it.

17. mart

Heh, classic. Realise you’ve shown yourself up, and backpedal pretending that you were being ironic as well and it’s everybody else that’s uptight. Nice work.

18. morriss

I love it when women get angry, it’s so sexy! (in a completely non-objectifying, respectful, equal rights kind of way)

19. morriss

She is well fit tho, innit.