Disgruntled LucasArts employee lists games, says KOTOR 3 is MMO, hates Fracture

Friday, 6th June 2008 10:09 GMT By Patrick Garratt

Oh dear. The “rumour” of a ton of LucasArts employees being laid off appears a tad more solid after this post from Kotaku, in which a full list of development projects appears to have been given, as does a rather crass take on upcoming actioner, Fracture.

According to the site’s source, the following are currently lined-up at the company:

• KOTOR 3 (An MMO, and a joint project between Lucasarts and BioWare)
  • Battlefront 3
  • “The Official Indiana Jones” game
  • “Another LEGO game based on the Indy universe”
  • “A lightsaber game for Wii (without lightsaber peripherals)”

The now ex-staffer also called Fracture “an absolute piece of garbage” and said that The Force Unleashed is complete and has gone through SCEA approval.

More through the link.

1. Blerk

KOTOR 3 as an MMO. I sense a fanboy backlash in the making. :-D

I wonder how they’ll do another Lego Indy game? My guess would be three episodes again, with the first being “Crystal Skull” and the other two being ‘new adventures’. I’d love for them to do an episode based on Fate of Atlantis, actually. I nearly failed my degree because of that game.

2. patlike

I think a lot of people “in the know” had tagged that BioWare collaboration as a Star Wars MMO a while back.

Yeah, plenty of Indy stuff to do yet. Could be lots of things.

3. SplatteredHouse

I don’t think much of Fracture either, from all that’s been shown of it. The whole thing stinks of a publisher trying to convince us the game’s good, when it’s in actuality a shallow one-trick-pony, which doesn’t look that impressive anyway. I think there are several better games in that space to look forward to.

4. Shatner

Disgruntled employee unable to keep to non-disclosure terms of his contract.

Disgruntled employee not likely to be working for any other publishers in the videogame in the near future as a result.

Disgruntled employee likely to have a lot more to be disgruntled about in the future.

5. Blerk

Disgruntled employee failed to mention his name, therefore should probably be safe?

6. patlike

He’s a disgruntled ex-employee. I can’t say I’m surprised he’s disgruntled.

7. Shatner

Mud sticks – especially in an industry as incestuous as games.

Look at this place, the amount of Eurogamer bodily fluids lacing most of the comments is highly apparent. Even if no real names are used.

8. Spiral

They’ve just laid off 100 people. It could be any of them.

9. Psychotext

Shatner: Eurogamer has a body?