Eight-way co-op is a “big differentiating factor between” Resistance 2 and Gears of War 2, says Price

Wednesday, 4th June 2008 17:28 GMT By Patrick Garratt

Speaking in an ongoing live interview on Eurogamer, Insomniac president Ted Price has picked Resistance 2′s eight-way co-op compared to Gears of War 2′s as-yet-unannounced-player aspect as major differentiators between the games.

“I think both will have extremely strong gameplay, engaging stories and lots of different modes to try out,” he said.

“Yet one big differentiating factor between R2 and all other games coming out this fall is that Resistance 2 has eight-player online co-op mode which should offer a VERY different experience for you and your friends.”

You can still ask Price questions, so get over there now.

1. mortiferus

They are very different games. I can’t see effective 8 player games in Gears, after all it is Squad… ummmm of 4.

2. Virus102

Im not an xbox 360 fan by saying this because I also have a 40gb ps3. But i just gonna say that it doesn’t really matter how many players resistance will or any ps3 game will have because almost no one has A HEADSET!!!. Sony should come out with a HEADSET. So we can talk with each other while we play those games online. I have a logitech headset but it is broken and i just got it.

3. luinks

@virus102

Almost ANY USB headset is compatible with the PS3, right now I’m using the microsoft lifechat lx-300 and it works great, unlike the 360 you can use almost any USB headset for the PS3, almost everyone who logs on MP games for the PSN have his computer headset or any headset for communication, don’t be a liar virus, that proofs that you don’t have a PS3

4. Psychotext

5. kasai

Luinks: The fact voice chat is not pushed with PS3 games means not everyone will have a headset I sure as hell don’t own a usb headset neither do I own a blue tooth headset. Regardless of if you will use it or not if you buy a 360 it comes with a headset. Thats the difference between the consoles in regards to voice chat. 360 voice chat comes with a headset as standard were as PS3 voice chat is left completely up to the user to get sorted.

Which is why I agree with Virus sony need to pull there figures out there asses and sort out there voice chat and offer an official headset and push voice chat to be used simaler to xbox live.

6. DrDamn

@Psychotext
    “I’d have thought the big differentiating factor would have been that one is a first person shooter and the other is a third person shooter.”

That was actually his first point – something strangely missing from this article …

“Ted Price: [Laughs] First, do you like first-person shooters? That’s one big difference between GOW and R2.”

7. FireFly

@kasai: look up PS official bluetooth headset and you should see it. It’s coming.

8. ecu

It would do the game a lot of favours if they stopped drawing a direct comparison to other big releases. Being billed as “PS3′s answer to Gears of War 2″ is not going to do it any favours. And yes, I know that’s not an actual quote. :P

9. DrDamn

To be fair he was asked the question on a live webchat on Eurogamer by one of the readers. He couldn’t exactly blank it could he? :)