Bourne PS3 requires 5Gb install

Wednesday, 4th June 2008 22:34 GMT By Patrick Garratt

Oh. Dear. According to this Loot Ninja story, the PS3 version of The Bourne Conspiracy requires a 5Gb install.

This isn’t the best news in the world if you have a 40Gb PS3, obviously. Bit of music, Devil May Cry 4, Warhawk and Bourne and you’re kind of doomed.

Which is a shame.

1. morriss

oh dear indeed

2. Truk

Yes. Doomed. Woah is us. The horror.

Melodramatics a go-go.

3. Enkeixpress

wow.. PS3 owners are really getting shat on here…

Lay off Sony, will ya?

4. morriss

Wait until the MGS4 installs are revealed.

5. FourZeroSeven

Phhff! Konami and Sony have that covered!
    Why do you think the MGS4 PS3 bundle ships with the 80GB HDD? :D ;)

6. morriss

Not in Europe it doesn’t! :)

7. Killerbee

“Why do you think the MGS4 PS3 bundle ships with the 80GB HDD?”

Ow. That kind of statement is like a kick in the gonads for European gamers. I know I’m not the only one who would lay out £350+ on that bundle tomorrow, but SCEE seem intent on denying themselves my ready cash.

Unless of course that comment was laced with icy sarcasm, in which case… well, quite. :)

8. Psychotext

Fail.

Optional or nothing you amateurs.

9. DrDamn

Buy either version of this and you’re doomed. Best avoided for a whole host of other reasons.

10. Shatner

I like how the doom and gloom in every “…requires xGB of install” post inevitably carries the resigned tone of “well it looks like this is becoming the norm”.

Then, a week later when another game does it it’s headline news and “OMG! We never expected this. What’s going on here?!?”

I noticed a snail had been trodden on on the pavement this morning. The crushed shell lay around a little dark squeltchy patch on the ground. FUCK YOU SONY! I’M GOING TO SAY BAD THINGS ON THE INTERNET THEN YOU’LL BE SORRY!

11. Psychotext

I’m not sure what Sony had to do with the snail being crushed.

12. El_MUERkO

everything EVERYTHING everything EVERYTHING everything EVERYTHING everything EVERYTHING everything EVERYTHING everything EVERYTHING everything EVERYTHING everything EVERYTHING everything EVERYTHING everything EVERYTHING everything EVERYTHING everything EVERYTHING everything EVERYTHING e v ery ti nng

13. deanimate

cant you just swap out the 40GB for a 500GB drive?
    surely doing so would produce a rather large sigh of:
    “Job – Done”

14. ecu

Reeeeeally don’t care about installs. I’m still not seeing what the big deal is.

15. FireFly

ecu, you might not care now, but when your shit is full, then what?But to tell you the truth, I really don’t give a shit (right now atleast).
    SONY should come out with some OPS flash drives though. Or sell HDD for mad cheap. Then, memory probs should forever be solved…

16. ecu

If it gets full, then I delete one of the old games I installed ages ago. Say, DMC4. Doubt I’d ever return to that once finished.

17. Enkeixpress

We are Dogs. Sony is our master.

They say fetch, We go and fetch whatever it is they’ve thrown. They say lay, We lay down as always..

They give our food when they’re ready, not when asked or even told.

18. Tonka

How crap. I used to think it was a mistake of MS not to include a HDD in every SKU. Now it looks like the best move ever.

Seriously, from what I’ve read these installs doesn’t even improve the games compared to the 360 versions. It sounds more and more like a quick way out. I wonder what load times would be like without the installs. Must be rather horrible for devs to think a 5Gig install is worthwhile.

19. Hero of Canton

The PS3 is the new Wii. Get cleaning out that fridge, folks!

20. Blerk

Sony really need to ditch that 40gb drive. Or kick some developers. Preferably both.

21. kasai

From what I’ve read the installs do nothing for the game. GTA 4 loads up 3 times faster on the 360 than the mandatory installed PS3 version.

Every time I read this it just cry’s lazy development. They should spend more time trying to figure out how to get the most from the console.

Not to mention the lower resolution up scaled games on both consoles the HD revolution doesn’t seem so revolutionary.

22. G1GAHURTZ

Woah!

I’ve got around 30+ games for my 360. (not including Arcade stuff)

If/when I get a PS3 I can’t see how it’s going to be possible to do the same thing unless they sort this massive install business out!

They’re going to have to release a 500GB version some way along the line, surely…

23. Tonka

Hero of Canton Hit the nail on the head.