Harrison has “always recognised 360′s capabilities”

Thursday, 29th May 2008 15:12 GMT By Patrick Garratt

Speaking to Eurogamer, Infogrames president Phil Harrison has admitted he’s a 360 fanboy. Or not. We can’t quite work it out.

“I’ve always recognised its capabilities, so it’s not like I’ve woken up and gone, ‘Ooh, I’m a real 360 fan now.’ I’m in a different part of the industry so I have a different role to play,” he said.

“It’s been a good experience learning about other formats, not just 360 but Wii and DS, and understanding what it’s like to publish games on those platforms and create for those audiences. I’m finding it very intellectually and creatively challenging.”

Harrison was head of Sony’s worldwide studios in his last job. The inner turmoil now he’s moved must be immense.

1. Blerk

Turncoat!

2. Psychotext

There’s going to be a few fanboys jumping on that comment… just like they did with Moore and the PS3.

3. ecu

He’s probably always liked the 360 and Wii. Same as I’m sure staff of Microsoft and Nintendo own PS3′s. They’re all gamers at the end of the day, so they would be able to see the merits of all consoles.

4. Psychotext

NO! COMPANIES ARE LIKE THEIR FANBOYS. IT MUST BE TRUE!

5. Axle

Intellectually or folically challenging?

Ha Ha.

6. mortiferus

Oh Snap, hallelujah! He Has seen the light at the end of the Sony tunnel. Now lets see some good multi platform games Atari!

7. Blerk

You didn’t need “multi platform” in that last sentence.

8. mortiferus

I disagree Blerk good games across multiple platforms benefit both industry and gamers alike. The days of exclusivity are numbered, except for first party co. of course.

9. Blerk

I actually meant that it’d be nice for Atari to just make a good game for a change, regardless of whether it was multi-platform or not.

10. Michael

Translation: “I always liked them, but since I worked for Sony actually admitting so would have made me look like an idiot.”