Patch problems hit Haze co-op?

Thursday, 22nd May 2008 11:58 GMT By Patrick Garratt

haze19.jpg

Looks as though there may be a problem with being able to invite Friends into games in Haze. This thread‘s just popped up on the Ubisoft forums showing gamers complaining that when attempting to invite Friends into games, the title asks for a patch. Of which there isn’t one, apparently.

We’re trying to get comment on this now.

1. Blerk

It’s a complete disaster, isn’t it?

2. patlike

Not sure what’s going on with this. Just trying to get a comment now.

3. Psychotext

I almost want to believe that someone screwed up the review copy / gold master by using an ancient build.

4. EdwardTivrusky

It’s not going smoothly that’s for sure. Shame really as a while ago it looked like it could have been a contender.
    It’ll be interesting to see the sales figures.

5. Whizzo

Perhaps naming it after an air freshener was a good idea as it’s starting to whiff a bit.

6. trav

was looking forward to this, but the demo just killed any love I had for the game. Looks like someone in Ubi has some explaining to do.

7. DrDamn

Not sure this is widespread – nothing on gamefaqs forums and I’d expect massive rants there. Maybe just Euro release being played before official release date?

8. Killerbee

I saw someone paying this on a demo pod in HMV yesterday. Okay, maybe I’m spoilt by the great PC shooters I’ve played recently, but it really did look rubbish.

9. evilashchris

Maybe they’ll finish it in time for the 360 release? :D

10. GordonR

Eurogamer review up now – 4/10.

“Haze is stultifyingly dreadful from the very beginning.”

They’re probably hiding under their desks at FR right now, I imagine.

11. cobblers

no probem as far as i can see been playing co op all day. no problems inviting friends at all

12. patlike

Hmm. Must be isolated. I’ve asked them for comment, so hopefully we’ll get something back tomorrow.