Infinite Undiscovery set for September 2, new trailer released

Thursday, 22nd May 2008 08:39 GMT By Patrick Garratt

infiniteundiscovery2.jpg

Square Enix has announced that the 360-exclusive JRPG, Infinite Undiscovery, will go on sale September 2 worldwide.

The game is developed by tri-Ace, the firm responsible for the likes of Star Ocean and Valkyrie Profile.

The publisher promises that RPGs will undergo a “true revolution” when its ten-years-in-the-making title is released.

We’re excited. Watch a new trailer here

By Mike Bowden

1. Blerk

Sigh. This generation’s all over the fucking shop.

2. Blerk

There’s a trailer here, btw:

3. morriss

Why the sigh? It’s good, no?

4. Blerk

Yes, it looks pretty good (although some of the voice acting in that trailer is awesomely terrible). In fact, it looks a lot like Rogue Galaxy, which is also pretty good.

But I’m back to the old “torn in two directions” thing. Back in the good old days, all the RPGs worth having were on one platform. :-)

5. patlike

After watching that trailer I’m very interested in this, far more so than I was in Lost Odyssey. I got “FF tummy” seeing that.

6. morriss

By the time you get round to buying a new machine, the 360 will be less than a ton and the PS3 will be at least £10 cheaper! ;)

7. Blerk

Tri-Ace do great RPGs. Star Ocean 3 was one of my favourites of the last gen, and I’m currently somewhere round about the end of Valkyrie Profile: Silmeria, which is all shades of awesomes. They’re a very under-rated bunch.

8. morriss

It’s tri-Ace :p

9. Blerk

Tell me, have you ever played one of their games, morriss? ;-)

10. morriss

Completed every single one of tri-Crescendo’s games, yes.

11. Blerk

That doesn’t count, you cheater!

12. morriss

13. Whizzo

I really don’t care about the game but the mangling of the English language in its title is horrendous.

14. morriss

Hopefully there’ll be an English subtitles option.

15. DrDamn

Yeah I tend to play all JRPGs in Japanese with English subtitles on where possible. +1 for the ridiculous game title.

If you are looking for a machine to play JRPG’s on a major consideration is region-free-ness and this is on the (very short) list of stuff Sony did right this gen.

Although I’m the sort of person that ends up with all machines. When I factor in the costs of all the games I’ll buy over the years of a generation the cost of the machine is fairly minimal.

16. Killerbee

Given Shane Kim’s comments is this really going to remain an Xbox 360 exclusive? It might do some business in US/Euroland, but doesn’t sound as though it’s going to shift 360s over in Japan, no matter how “revolutionary” it is.

Shame really, because it does look quite promising.

17. Blerk

I think Microsoft actually paid for the development of this one, so I wouldn’t expect to see it on PS3 any time soon.

18. patlike

I’m going to get this. Mind made up. This and Gears 2 can be my Christmas games. And LittleBigPlanet. And Resistance 2.

19. Miserable Bastard

Cor, that looks a bit excellent. I will definitely be getting that. I am deeply in love with VP2: Silmeria at the minute, so if this is anything like that… *creamage*

Having said that, I’m wondering how long it’ll be before I get bored shitless of all that mysticism stuff. Swords, flowing robes, magic. I’m quite taken with The World Ends With You. I like its Jet Set Radio slant to RPGing. More of that please game makers.

20. ecu

This looks decent, I’m looking forward to it. I hope it’s good.

21. patlike

Just got some new screens for this. Putting them up now.

22. Spiral

Gah. Stoopid gametrailers maintenance.