Ubisoft on Splinter Cell Conviction delay: If it’s not from an official source, it’s a “punt”

Tuesday, 20 May 2008 10:11 GMT By Patrick Garratt

splintercellconviction3.jpg

Ubisoft has said this morning that an Xbox World 360 story claiming Splinter Cell Conviction is “on hold” isn’t answerable unless it’s come from an official source. Which it hasn’t.

“If they’ve got a Ubisoft source then there’s something to be answered there, but if it’s just them commenting on something that they’ve heard, then it’s hard for us to make a statement on something that someone’s just taken a punt on,” said a UK PR rep for the firm.

The story said that the latest in the Clancy action series had been pushed back by a significant margin.

“Though Ubisoft isn’t saying anything, the mag says it’s heard that the surprising development decision has forced Splinter Cell back into the festive period of 2009 – or as late as Spring 2010,” said the CVG piece which reported the story.

Expect more throughout the day.

Latest