MS Gamer’s Day: Data will speak for itself in console race, says Kim

Wednesday, 14th May 2008 09:01 GMT By Patrick Garratt

xbox360logo3.jpg

The Eurogamer massive got a Kim interview too, the first bit of which just popped up on GI. Speaking at the Microsoft Gamer’s Day in San Francisco yesterday, the Xbox boss refused to be drawn on the states of play between his firm and Sony, saying only that the figures will tell the final story.

“I understand that Sony has declared leadership already,” he said. “We’ll let the data speak for itself.”

He also stopped the tides and rippled the fabric of universal matter by telling the site he thought 2008 would be a successful year for Xbox 360.

“What we’re really trying to communicate is that this is going to be another landmark year for Xbox 360,” he said, “mainly because we are really focused on the strategy of tremendous exclusive content. Titles like Gears of War 2, Fable 2, Banjo, et cetera. as well as the continuing leadership we have in the online space with Xbox Live.”

Hit the link for more. CVG’s already posted a full interview with the exec this morning.

1. Blerk

While I’m sure the 360 will have a good year, even the most rabid Microsoft fanboy would have to admit that their line-up isn’t even half as strong as last year’s.

2. Psychotext

Depends on the type of game you’re looking for. This year has a lot more variety. =)

3. Blerk

It’s solid, but it doesn’t have the huge-name titles that it had last year – your Halo 3s, your Bioshocks, etc.

4. Spiral

I reckon it’s partially the summer blues. I can only really think of three games I want for the rest of the year, but as we get closer to Christmas I’m sure there will be more.

5. Psychotext

Blerk: I agree about Halo. Bioshock wasn’t actually that big until we got to play the demo though so there’s still a chance something will jump out at us in the same way.

6. Tiger Walts

If every 360 owner bought at least 3 games for their console between now and the end of the year then that would be a success if you consider it in terms of attachment rate growth.

The PS3 has bigger games coming this year but the only variety that counts is what is coming exclusively from first party development. MS still have the upper hand in this regard.

Well, maybe not upper hand but at least a strong showing. I expected Sony to catch up or even overtake MS in software sales around the end of this year but now I’m not sure.