Gametrailers gets fried over “fake” GRID comparison

Saturday, 10th May 2008 21:25 GMT By Patrick Garratt

Gametrailers is experiencing something of a meltdown over a comparison trailer showing GRID’s physics – in the opinion of the masses – as superior in the game’s 360 version.

Unfortunately for the site, both videos used in the movie were from the PS3 version, as seen clearly from the controller map in the bottom of the screen.

Gametrailers has now removed the video and according to various reports is removing all comments from the site related to the issue and has disabled it’s email contact function in reaction to teh internets going shithouse mental.

Someone, of course, nabbed the video before it was removed. A genuine error? Probably. Watch it after the break. Can’t beat the internet, Gametrailers. Third law of life.

1. Daniel Plainview

You have to question if its a mistake, I mean they used a video from the PS3 to try & show features that the PS3 version was apparently lacking

2. Robo_1

I noticed a lot of people are also complaining about them always using 360 box art for multi-platform titles. It seems the bias (for whatever reason) is there.

3. patlike

@Dan – It really could easily happen, though, that the guy putting the video together just fucked it up. I dunno, I’ve just seen so many errors like that working on sites. It’s so easily done when you’re flat out.

4. Psychotext

What they said:

“For the record everyone, this was truly an honest to God mistake. We aren’t out to bash one system over the other, and we certainly aren’t biased. I captured both versions equally, amounting to at least 30 minutes from each game. One of our video editors put the comparison together, and he accidently mislabled the consoles. I know, it sucks, but it’s not intentional! I furthered the mistake by not catching it when i was shown the video.

I can’t believe that youtube video claims we are liars, and are out to deceive gamers. We are simply compiling a video that shows each system. We aren’t even focusing on strengths or weaknesses–thats for you guys, the gamers, to decide.”

5. DrDamn

While they can claim it was a mistake the footage capture clearly shows the more dramatic crashes are possible on the PS3 – so what was the intention if they had go it “right”. To put up a dramatic 360 vid and compare to a less dramatic PS3 vid? Seems to me they can come out of this with nothing but egg on their faces and a very tarnished reputation. Heads should roll.