We hope LBP sales are higher than GT5: Prologue, says SCEE boss

Wednesday, 7th May 2008 18:01 GMT By Patrick Garratt

littlebigplanet6.jpg

Speaking to GamesIndustry, SCEE president David Reeves said at the SCEE PlayStation Day yesterday that he hoped LittleBigPlanet sales would be higher than those for GT5: Prologue last month.

“We’re hoping sales will be higher than GT5: Prologue,” he said.

SCE boss Kaz Hirai added: “These are genre-defining titles, something we’re very proud of, and just one facet of the rapidly growing world of PlayStation.

“[LittleBigPlanet] will completely revolutionize the way gamers interact with their games, especially through the community functions and the ability to interact with LittleBigPlanet lovers around the globe.”

1. Daniel Plainview

I just want to play it

2. patlike

Me too. I reckon it looks brilliant.

3. Psychotext

But I want it now. =(

4. goon

Is it going to cost the same as a normal game or cheaper?

5. patlike

They’ve said it’s going to be full price, if I recall correctly.

6. Blerk

The new trailer with the little Killzone sackboys is aces!

And yes, it’s a full price game. Because it’s a full game. They really don’t seem to be playing that point up enough – it’s not just a construction kit with levels to download, there’s a whole bunch of built in levels and a story mode and single player and everything.

7. pjmaybe

Should be higher than Prologue. This game looks like it’s had some effort expended on it. Prologue didnt.

8. morriss

Prologue’s just a demo of a very big game, hence it’s much larger than your average demo.

9. patlike

If they push it as hard as I think they’re going to at the end of the year it’s going to be one of the biggest Christmas games on any platform. I think passing Prologue’s very likely.

10. morriss

I’m sceptical. Hopefully it won’t end up like another Home, where they’re trying to be everything to everyone. All the video sharing, network aspect to it they can drop for my sake. Sony don’t do online very well and it will be horrible to see this game continually delayed because they can’t implement the fact that Pat can download and rate the huge penis level I created.

11. Blerk

Anyone want a PS3 for £230?

12. morriss

Instead of bloody talking about it, why don’t you buy it instead?! :p

13. Blerk

It’s the principle of the thing. :-)

They’ve put the price back up now anyway.