PAL MGS4 limited edition box set confirmed

Wednesday, 7th May 2008 13:45 GMT By Patrick Garratt

Play.com is listing the Metal Gear Solid: Guns of the Patriots box set thus confirming the rumours that surfaced yesterday.

The Limited Edition will include:

• 6″ Old Snake ‘Olive Drab’ action figure
  • “The Making Of Metal Gear Solid 4″ documentary on Blu-ray Disc
  • Official Metal Gear Solid 4 soundtrack

The price is £79.99, approximately €101.

Metal gear Solid 4 is set for a worldwide release on June 12. Apparently you can’t play MGO if you get the special edition from Japan or the US, so this sorts you out. Assuming you haven’t already pre-ordered it, obviously.

By Mike Bowden

1. Blerk

Howfuckingmuch?! :-D

Seriously, who buys all this tat? When have you ever felt the need to own a 6″ ‘Snake’ figurine? I bet it doesn’t even have working orifices.

2. pjmaybe

Urgh, that’s a pricey meatball.

80 quid for a figurine, a soundtrack and a crappy documentary that WONT be on Blu Ray at all, but will be a bundled low def DVD

Special my arse

3. Chinster

You think that’s expensive? I was in a shop last week and they wanted £50 for GTA4. FIFTY QUID! If I hadn’t wiped my arse on a £50 note earlier I might have bought it.

4. morriss

Apparently, there’s no art-book included that the US gets. So their are still rumbles of discontent from some quarters due to the US version not being able to run MGO.

5. Tonka

Who’s upset? Stinky eurotrash for not getting an “art” book or fat americans for not being able to run MGO?

6. redlander

I want this in a big box with a Gun-metal gray 80 gig BC PS3.
    Wait that’s not all… I also want two matching Duel shock controllers and MGS headset, all for the low low price of 299.99.

7. absolutezero

I caved and ordered it.

I also have the Headset and Piggyback guide on order aswell. :/

Oh God I love stuff.

8. Psychotext

Seek help man!

9. deanimate

jesus…that taking the piss a bit.
    just hope the fallout 3 collectors edition isn’t some absurd price like this as i quite fancy that. well, i don’t really care about the figurine as it will no doubt be shoddy tat but the other stuff looks alright.
    it can smeg off if its 80quid though.