DOOM 4 confirmed

Wednesday, 7th May 2008 18:32 GMT By Patrick Garratt

doomlogo.jpg

According to Shacknews, id’s confirmed development of DOOM 4.

“Doom is part of the id Software DNA and demands the greatest talent and brightest minds in the industry to bring the next installment of our flagship franchise to Earth,” said id Software CEO Todd Hollenshead.

“It’s critical for id Software to have the best creative minds in-house to develop games that meet the standards synonymous with our titles.”

The developer’s looking for staffers in an effort to ramp up for the project.

1. ran93r

It’s not that I didn’t enjoy Doom 3 but I sure as hell (punslol) hope they up their game. As tech demo’s go it was fun but shoddy multiplayer and “omg it spawned behind me, again” just won’t cut ze mustard.

2. Daniel Plainview

Why no ps3 tag, I thought their new engine was super dooper

3. Blerk

Let’s all forget that Doom 3 ever happened and make a proper sequel to Doom 2, eh?

4. patlike

I’ve added a PS3 tag, yep. Hangover from Doom 3, there.

5. patlike

I’m pretty excited about this, to be honest. id games are always at least a technical advance, so we’re going to see something special in some respect. Lovely screenshots for the win.

6. pjmaybe

/yawns

Might work if they stop trying to tack a storyline and crap onto it. As Blerk said, all we need is a hepped up version of the original Doom-style stuff, with 16 player multiplayer on LIVE, and killer visuals. No noncing about with emo storylines, no angst ridden main characters, just a bloke, some guns, some demons and plenty of claret.

If ID pull that off, I’ll eat my liquorice hat

7. deanimate

and i shall be on hand to sell you a new liquorice hat.

8. mart

Excited again, Pat? Christ. You are easily pleased :)

9. patlike

It never ends, mart. I’m constantly aroused.

10. morriss

You’ll love my naked Wii Fit video then. If you though Borat was bad…

11. Whizzo

Peej secretly loves Doom 3, he’s even got a t-shirt! D3 was bloody disappointing, it looked nice enough but was cheap with the scares, the insane inability to have a light and a gun at the same time and the reliance on monster closets made it the least memorable id game in years.