Xbox 360 HD DVD drives selling for €9.99 in Ireland

Tuesday, 6th May 2008 12:29 GMT By Patrick Garratt

360hddvd.jpg

According to this Engadget piece, Xbox 360 HD-DVD drives are now selling for €9.99 at some Irish retailers. The drive comes with the 360′s Media Remote bundled, so this isn’t as stupid a buy as it may seem. Click through for all the details.

1. morriss

You can’t go wrong there, really.

2. Blerk

Aside from wasting 10 euros on a bit o’ kit that’s going to be useless by Christmas.

3. pleasant_cabbage

I’m still not interested. Streuth.

4. elredeyegrande

I think I’ll be popping into town today to pick one of these up. I was wanting a remote, so this is a perfect deal.

5. Blerk

Buy remote, get doorstop free!

6. morriss

The fact is, there’s an impressive HD library out there that will take ages to come out on Blu Ray. They’re all going extremely cheap because of the format’s demise.

So you can easily pick up the drive and loads of films for around £50. MS offer full support on the drive so I really can’t why people aren’t interested, tbh.

I’m buying both Blu Rays and HD films atm.

7. Zumi

I’d buy one for that price, definitely.

8. Blerk

I don’t understand the whole ‘it’s cheap, let’s buy it’ thing. In 12 months it’ll be obsolete and when it breaks (and it’s Microsoft, it will break) your ‘cheap’ HD collection becomes coasters overnight and you end up buying the Blu Ray versions anyway. How many people do you know who still have their ‘great’ Betamax collections?

9. elredeyegrande

These can be used on PCs too right? At least then a few years time when I don’t have a 360 hooked up anymore, all I have to do is hook the drive up to my PC.

10. Blerk

They don’t ‘officially’ work on PCs, but you can sort of get them to work (according to the internets).

11. Random_H

Amazon Germany did the same, still couldn’t be bothered to pick it up…

cheers,