Wed, May 07, 2008 | 07:43 BST
SCEE PlayStation Day: Live blogging now!
OK, here we go. We’re in and we’re waiting to for the presentation to start at the SCEE PlayStation Day at the O2 in London. The most recent updates are at the top.
Hit the link to read the news live.
- Guy says we’re staring in the next few minutes.
- Still not started. Watching pretty patterns on a big screen. It’s a thriller. Matt GamesIndustry’s front of me, keeping it very real.
- We’re off. Movie playing of LBP, PSP, Play TV, Buzz…
- Singstore, Home, Motorstorm 2…
- SOCOM, Resistance 2…
- Reeves on stage.
- General intro. Wants to broaden your mind as to the wealth of entertainment that is PlayStation.
- Hirai on stage.
- He’s talking about various European PS projects like LBP and Killzone.
- End of 2007 10.5 PS3 around the world.
- Full hardware figures in fiscal results next week.
- PS3 has “multi-faceted entertainment credentials”, apparently.
- He’s talking about the “long-term play” of PS3. He’s just said that PS3 wil have at least a ten year lifespan.
- Key titles for year ahead: LBP, Resistance 2, Buzz, MGS4, Haze.
- He’s talking about Home now, and the recent delay. He’s apologised.
- Home is playable on the showfloor.
- He’s banging on about brands and passion. And richness.
- Reeves back on stage.
- 5 million PS3s sold in Europe.
- They’ve sold more PS3s throughout Europe than 360, says Reeves.
- He wants to talk about “creation” and “empowering individuals.”
- XMB themes.
- SingStar and Buzz. Woman singing on screen and a big “User Created Content” next to it. He’s talking about uploading videos.
- Clips of uploaded songs
- Now Buzz.
- Buzz Quiz TV, all the network stuff, and the chance to create your own questions and share them with the PS “community”.
- Sackboy’s up there. 50 environments, all the tools to create your own content. Didn’t know anything about this, David.
- Video of Media Molecule levels.
- Little Killzone men in LBP. Windmills, trees, wheels. Woot.
- Battery’s looking fucking sketchy. Only 13 mins left. Sorry.
- Killzone 2 and Resistance 2. Killzone 2 will be out in Feb.
- Killzone 2 vid. Paint flaking off metal, “our war”, bullets hitting metal, looks fucking amazing, grenades, all in-game, shooting, cover, done.
- Resistance 2. Over a million have played Resistance online (missed exact figure). Ted Price from Insomniac on stage. Community, Campaign… Two more C’s to come, apparently.
- Competitive. New video showing redwood level. In-game, Mass multiplayer. Sniping. Red vs Blue. Done.