According to this TNS study, a majority of UK parents believe that Wii gaming is good for kids due to its social nature.
From the report:
- Social gaming promotes bonding among kids – 52 percent of all users and 64 percent of parents with 16-17-year-olds say so.
- Families now like to play social games together – 60 percent of parents surveyed and 68 percent of those with 10-15-year-olds say so.
- Playing Wii makes users feel more active than traditional videogames – 69 percent of all Wii users surveyed agreed.
- 66 percent of parents with children age 10-15 say the Wii encourages children to exercise.
- One-fifth of 16-24-year-olds would consider giving up their gym membership if they played the Wii regularly.