Wii Fit priced at $90 in the US

Tuesday, 15th April 2008 15:38 GMT By Patrick Garratt

Nintendo of America just announced that Wii Fit will cost $90 in the States. From the press release:

In anticipation of the U.S. launch of Wii Fit, the new interactive fitness game for the popular Wii system, Nintendo of America Inc. has announced pricing details for this groundbreaking release. Available at Nintendo World store starting on May 19, Wii Fit and the innovative Wii Balance Board™ accessory will be bundled and sold together at a suggested retail price of $89.99.

Boasting a dynamic mix of more than 40 yoga, aerobics, strength training and balance activities, Wii Fit provides consumers with a fun, easy and affordable way to incorporate exercise into their daily routines. Using the included wireless Wii Balance Board accessory, every member of the household can step up and stay active, setting individual fitness goals and tracking their progress over time.

So now you know.

1. Hero of Canton

£25 cheaper than ours, then? Gah.

Still, it’s great. Well worth the investment, IMO. And it works.

2. patlike

Worth seventy quid?

3. Hero of Canton

Depends on two things:

1. Whether you want to get fitter
    2. How many Wii games you buy

If the answer to 1 is ‘yes’ and 2 is ‘a fair few’ then it’s worth it. The balance board will be used as an optional control method for plenty of other games, some of which I’m convinced will be ace. The ski jump and snowboarding minigames in Wii Fit prove how amazing a Wii version of 1080 would be, and I bet Nintendo make a Wario Ware that uses the balance board, too.

Easy for me to say, I guess. I spent £40 on the Japanese one, but I’ve got more than my money’s worth out of it.

4. patlike

Nice.

Still reckon I’ll just go for a run, though.

Wii 1080 would be fucking brilliant.

5. Hero of Canton

Aren’t you too busy writing the news to go running? This way, you can jog with the remote in your pocket in the comfort of your lounge while dictating your posts to some lackey or other.

6. patlike

I literally have time to go about once a week :(