Mon, Apr 14, 2008 | 21:43 BST
Vogster announces GTA-style free-to-play MMO, Crimecraft for PC and consoles
Vogster Entertainment has announced a new MMO entitled Crimecraft. The game will be powered by Epic’s U3 engine and will cost nothing to play.
The game will be “an innovative massively multiplayer online game for PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3… set in a modern world. Players will take part in the political, economical and social life of a big city. They will run businesses, engage in commerce, and suffer the consequences of confrontations with criminal groups and shadowy law enforcement figures. Powerful AI will support the constantly changing atmosphere of the streets and enable players to feel the live pulse of the Megapolis.”
Arseniy Nazarenko, the game’s producer said, “It is going to shake the global video game industry with its innovative features and characters actions”.
Big promises indeed.
Apparently Crimecraft will include features such as:
- ownership of real-estate and cars
- possibility to run shops, warehouses, banks, productions
- fight over territories and clan wars
- combat system unique for MMO
- developed social system. Possibility to solve conflicts without a single shot
- a possibility to choose law-obeying, criminal or financial professions and changing of those throughout the game.
The game has a tentative release date of March 09.
By Mike Bowden