SCEE waiting on news of gunmetal PS3 for Europe

Monday, 14th April 2008 11:30 GMT By Patrick Garratt

SCEE has told videogaming247 this morning that it’s waiting for official word on whether or not Europe will receive the gunmetal special edition PS3 for the launch of Metal Gear Solid 4.

“I’ve asked if we’re getting this but have yet to have an answer confirmed,” said a rep.

SCEA announced that the machine would be launched in America in limited quantities last week.

The pack contains a 40Gb gunmetal console, a DualShock 3 and the game.

1. Psychotext

I wants it.

2. morriss

According to Pat there isn’t even a 0.54% chance of Europe getting it.

If we do, and he’s thus proved wrong, I reckon he should get us all freebies from Sony as compensation.

Or something.

(wants it too but already has 60GB launch model)

3. Blerk

Waiting on confirmation from who, exactly? Don’t they decide this stuff themselves? :-(

4. patlike

Japan, I guess. Maybe Konami has something to do with it as well.

5. morriss

Why anyone would want to sell more of something is beyond me, frankly. If the price right, I might even trade my old PS3 in + some cash.

6. Blerk

To say that Europe is Sony’s bestest territory, they don’t half like to shit on us from a great height.

7. Tonka

wtf does that even mean?

Sony shits on Europe from a great height. Is that it?

8. Psychotext

Tonka: I thought that was pretty clear. PS3 last, DS3 last, no BC model any more, no MGS4 bundle (yet), highest prices of all territories… and I’m sure people could mention other reasons.

9. Tonka

No, I honestly couldn’t extract meaning from Blerks post. I have problems with some english sayings.

It’s all but a sure win means what exactly? That it’s a sure win almost?

10. Psychotext

Now I’m confused. \o/

11. Zumi

“Waiting on confirmation from who, exactly? Don’t they decide this stuff themselves?”

It all comes from Sony HQ in Japan, doesn’t it? SCEE have very little say with regards to release of machines and such.

12. Psychotext

Yup… all decided by Japan. Sad really given it’s only their Euro sales which should give them any comfort.