Hi-res Mafia 2 screens released

Monday, 14th April 2008 10:49 GMT By Patrick Garratt

mafia26.jpg

They’re the same ones that popped up in scans over the weekend, but now in glorious HD. And mart’s fixed the gallery software, because he’s a superhero. See after the link.

1. Blerk

Yum! Glad to see the confirmed the formats at last, too. I mean, we’d all guessed them already, but…

2. patlike

That announcement was a bit odd. It had been confirmed for next gen consoles and PC since it was announced. Which is why I didn’t cover it.

3. Blerk

Did they actually mention which ‘next-gen consoles’ at the time? I have to admit, I’d already got it in my head that it was coming to both hi-def next-gens, but maybe they hadn’t actually confirmed that before.

The ‘simultaneous release’ thing was new, though. I expected this to come to PC first.

4. patlike

/checks

5. patlike

From the original press release in August last year:

“The game is being developed by Illusion Softworks, developers of the original Mafia title, for next generation consoles and Games for Windows®.”

6. Blerk

Aha!

Didn’t take much working out, though. “Next-gen console*s*”. :-)

7. Whizzo

The first game was very good, hopefully this will be too, bet these are PC shots or heavily filtered console ones.

Worse news recently about Illusion Softworks of course is the fact that they’re now called “2K Czech” which sounds like something someone uses to pay off a debt… :-(

8. patlike

There’s some kind of glow filter on all the shots released so far. It looks like the Photoshop filter “diffuse glow”.

9. Tiger Walts

It’s the ka-bloom effect.

10. Blerk

Yeah, I’m pretty sure these will turn out to be bullshots. But they still look cool. :-)