Giant MGS4 PSM3 preview scanned

Tuesday, 8th April 2008 12:16 GMT By Patrick Garratt

metalgear18.jpg

We’re started to see something of a pattern here. The cover article from the latest PSM3 – a 12-page preview of Metal Gear Solid 4 based on a visit to Konami’s “super campus” in Japan – has been scanned in its entirety and can be found on 360Indians. We haven’t read it, but there are some major spoilers in there, apparently, so don’t go if you want to remain pure.

1. grandmaster

It’s almost as if there is absolutely no point putting any effort into a print magazine whatsoever when you can download the thing for nothing.

I like the way that the mag publishers are ramping up the page count for these ‘megaton’ previews though. Perhaps they are hoping that the average scanner will pack-up and die horribly half way through the scanning process…

Which to be fair, would be understandable bearing in mind the quality of UK games print media these days.

2. XDamage

I bought Edge because of the big GTA article, even though I had downloaded the scans. I just hate reading long articles on the pc screen, and I’m not cheap-ass enough to print out the scans. :D

3. patlike

@GM: It’s a pretty sorry state of affairs, to be honest. I think the problem is that a lot of the games publishers will actually look on it favourably that this stuff ends up on the web.

4. Zumi

I read the MGS4 preview in this months Edge. Kojima says something about the PS3 that would have the Sony fanboys arming their pitchforks if it ever made the web.

5. Blerk

Really? I’ll have to look for that when I get home! :-D

6. grandmaster

So what was it then? Pat’s always on the lookout for ‘Megaton’ news.

Secondly, I want to work in a ‘Super Campus’.

7. XDamage

What was it Kojima said then? If it was that earth-shattering of a statement it would have ended up on teh internets the second it ended up on the streets though… :)

8. Blerk

He said that they had loads of grandiose ideas for MGS4 which they planned out and intended to do, but then discovered that the Cell just wasn’t capable of handling so they had to ditch a load of stuff. He also claims that they’re pushing the processor ‘to the max’, i.e. you couldn’t possibly get any more out of it.

While I don’t doubt his first comment, I can’t really believe that they’ve gotten all they can out of the PS3 this early in its lifespan. :-)

9. XDamage

Yeah, I doubt that too. And regarding the first quote, I’ve read the exact same thing, only that he said that there was no more room on the BD to implement various things.

But if he indeed said Cell, then it is a pretty worthless quote unless he gives examples of what it couldn’t do. :D

10. Zumi

He said the PS3 was only 10% as powerful as they originally thought it was.

11. XDamage

Holy hell! What were they trying to implement? A 1:1 scale simulation of Big Bang or something?? :D

12. grandmaster

That’s really weird because Metal Gear Solid 2 was only 10% as good as I originally thought it would be.

13. XDamage

Hmm, that reminds me. Maybe I should play through it again before MGS4.