1. morriss

I’ll have to pick this up for my brand new super shiny Sliver slim PSP methinks!

2. Blerk

Looking very clean on the DS, thumbs up! Not that it’s the most graphically taxing of games to begin with, but that’s hardly the point.

I might buy this for my son’s DS. He’ll be six by the time it comes out. I’m sure that’s old enough.

3. Tonka

Those penguins make it look like a perfect match for 6 year olds.

:P

4. patlike

Is this Afternoon of Darkness? Is it the same game? It looks like it.

5. Blerk

They’re not penguins, they’re Prinnies, dood. They’re the reincarnated souls of dead sinners, forced into a new lifetime of servitude while they earn their redemption.

6. Tonka

So I take it you have played Disgaea games. Are they any good?

7. patlike

I’m using Item World for the first time at the moment. It’s just given me a spear.

*just accepts, doesn’t question*

8. Blerk

Disgaea games are brilliant. They’re not for everyone, though. I couldn’t really say whether you’d like it or not.

Beware Item World, Pat! It’s addictive. As are Geopanel chains. I think I spent more time figuring those out than I did fighting.

9. morriss

I like FFVII/VII, Eternal Sonata etc. Will I like this?

10. patlike

Tonka: It’s brilliant, definitely, but pretty hardcore. There’s a lot of RPG conventions used in it that it’s just assumed you “know”, but if you’re looking for something to get lost in, it’s perfect. The story, characters, etc, are making me laugh out loud.

Blerk: The Geopanel stuff is definitely a little bit beyond me at the moment. I get the basics, but then sometimes it just “does” something completely random. I mean, it obviously isn’t random, but I don’t know why :)

11. Blerk

It’s not an RPG as such, morriss. It’s really a turn-based strategy game – small arenas, lots of character smashing each other in the face with whatever comes to hand.

I like it because they rewrote the TBS rulebook. It’s not po-faced, it’s almost entirely open-ended so you can put as much or as little as you like into it, and they took the time to remove as many restrictions as they possibly could from the rulebook – other games would prevent you from doing stuff like throwing enemies out of bounds or onto other enemies or into your base, but Disgaea positively encourages it.

12. morriss

/scratches chin

13. patlike

It is definitely a bottomless pit in terms of tactics. You should give it a crack, morriss.

14. morriss

You can send me yours when you’re done with it! ;)

15. patlike