Haze on PS3 “for now”

Wednesday, 19th March 2008 13:53 GMT By Patrick Garratt

Jesus fuck. This is just depressing. Ubisoft has apparently now said that Haze is only on PS3 “for now”, despite everyone involved with the game for the past three years saying it was a PS3 exclusive. We’ve sent Ubisoft a “please, please just say once and for all what’s going on with it” email.

1. Killerbee

This game has been so delayed and had so many “is it or isn’t it PS3 exclusive” stories that I think I’ll only actually believe it exists on any format when I see it in the shops.

And much as I enjoyed Timesplitters, I think I still need a bit of convincing that this will top the whole host of other FPS games that have been out recently.

2. patlike

I’m bored of it now. I’ve asked them to answer the following:

1 – Will Haze ever release on a platform other than PS3?
    2 – Haze was originally announced for Xbox 360 and PC as well as PS3: what was the reasoning behind not releasing it on anything other than PS3?

3. morriss

4. patlike

I wish they’d just make a statement, frankly.

5. Blerk

1. Depends on if it actually sells.
    2. Money. In brown paper envelopes.

6. patlike

So cynical… ;)

7. Syrok

I think the game will fail. :)

8. patlike

The omens aren’t looking especially bright, no.

9. patlike

I just called them. They’re all out until tomorrow.

*hysterical laughter*

10. pjmaybe

Fuck’s sake, why oh why do games industry types KEEP BLOODY DOING THIS! You know what? I couldn’t care less whether HAZE is an exclusive for now, for whenever or even if it ends up on the DS as a cheap and cheerful sideways scroller. This sort of non-news seems to be the sort of nursery school playground fodder that feeds the industry’s news and punters in the street REALLY DO NOT CARE ABOUT THIS SHIT. If you want to hype a game, ffs think of a better way of doing it.

11. patlike

haha

Correct :D

12. Blerk

Full frontal nudity. That always generates a media buzz.

13. Syrok

Slaughtering animals is good, too.

14. scuz

YAWN

15. Daniel Plainview

I’m an oilman and as an oilman I say this game has overhyped it’s self to death…. There are more promising FPS on the horizon.

I drink your nectar…

16. DizkoSkatinSuperstar

I don’t see what the fuss is all about. I’ll eat my cock if it doesn’t come out on the other formats. They’re obv not allowed officially to refer to them because of the money Sony’s shovelled their way. But all it does it make everyone involved look like imbeciles, while treating consumers with utter contempt.

17. patlike

Did Sony really pay for this to be a console exclusive? Really?

18. daikyosenshi

Fuck this! This is getting pretty annoying:) Fuck Haze, fuck Ubisoft, fuck sony…i’ve had it. I quit:)

19. daikyosenshi

Yo, superstar, be sure to upload a vid of that when it comes down to lunch time:)

20. Daniel Plainview

@daikyosenshi: quit gaming? blasphemy!

Sony should ask for a refund if they did shell out for this it had promise once upon a time, last year when there were stuff all games out on the PS3.

I might still get it but any hype it once had is gone.

21. daikyosenshi

There was once time when none of this shit ever happened. Games came out, pretty much silently. The only sources of news were game magazines and games were awesome. Really. Take Super Metroid for instance. It came out. All of a sudden and it blew your mind. Nowadays, the games suck and have lots of hype going on around them. Which is in a way funny. But mostly its just plain sad.

22. Blerk

“Did Sony really pay for this to be a console exclusive? Really?”

Yes, they did. Really.

23. Syrok

@daikyosnshi: You can still expirence that feeling if you don’t visit gaming sites. Or completly avoid the internet. ;)

24. Egon Superb

When I was working on OXM 360, we were told (off the record) by someone inside Ubi that Haze was still definitely coming out for 360 and that it was all some marketing thing they’d agreed to keep Sony happy. Absolute bollocks; there’s no such thing as a console exclusive any more, there’s just no reason for the major publishers to go for it, as it alienates the other massive platforms. With the platforms taking even tranches of the market at the moment, it’s just dumb to piss off 3/4 of your potential gamers.

25. daikyosenshi

Well then what about Motorstorm, Heavenly Sword, Ratchet and clank, Resistance and such?

26. Daniel Plainview

@daikyosenshi: Financed by sony I believe + I think Sony now own the Motorstorm devs.

People seem of forget that sony have a shite load of first & 2nd party studios.

27. Syrok

They do and I hope they make them develop a new WRC game.