EA Sports a “couple of months away” from new game reveals, says Moore on blog

Tuesday, 18 March 2008 08:41 GMT By Patrick Garratt

petermoore2.jpg

EA Sports boss Peter Moore has updated his blog to tell us that we’re going to have to wait a bit longer to see what the publisher’s resurgent arm is going to show for the rest of the year.

“I’ve seen speculation the past few days about the comments we’ve made recently about new IP coming this year from EA SPORTS,” he said. “While we’re still a couple of months away from any official new game announcements, I’m encouraged by the interest and excitement. As I’ve said many times over the past few months, as EA SPORTS looks to expand our brand and capture new audiences, developing new intellectual property – such as FaceBreaker and future unlicensed titles – will be a key component of that strategy.”

What he could confirm was that eight titles are on their way for the Wii and that he was at the San Siro watching Inter Milan vs. Liverpool last month.

Moore announced he was writing a blog last month, and looks as though he’s been updating it with gusto, talking about sports, EA Sports and life as – you guessed it – Peter Moore. Have a read.

By Mike Bowden

Latest