Manhunt 2 to be released in the UK

Friday, 14 March 2008 12:33 GMT By Patrick Garratt


It’s true. After months of legal wrangling the BBFC has granted Manhunt 2 an 18 certificate and the game will be released. The BBFC isn’t exactly thrilled about it.

“As I have said previously, we never take rejection decisions lightly, and they always involve a complex balance of considerations,” said BBFC director David Cooke. “We twice rejected Manhunt 2, and then pursued a judicial review challenge, because we considered, after exceptionally thorough examination, that it posed a real potential harm risk.

“However, the Video Appeals Committee has again exercised its independent scrutiny. It is now clear, in the light of this decision, and our legal advice, that we have no alternative but to issue an ‘18’ certificate to the game.”

We’re waiting on Rockstar for comment.