1. Blerk

How big’s the font, though?

2. patlike

I don’t even want to think about writing 1,000 pages. It makes my brain hurt.

3. Blerk

I think that’s about a week’s worth of inane internet ramblings for me.

4. patlike

Actually, I do about 300 stories a week, so yeah. You could be right :(

5. G1GAHURTZ

Well, you know that a game is struggling for USPs when they start trying to sell it on the length of the script!

6. Shatner

From what I’ve read of the game, it certainly looks like it’s got enough USPs to distinguish itself from the crowd. The narrative tone they’ve hinted at sounds a lot more thoughtful than most other games. If you’re concerned about their ability to tell a story in an interesting way then I highly recommend Second Sight. Very underrated.

That the game is produced by Free Radical is a decent USP in its own right too :)

7. Blerk

I love Second Sight, I like Timesplitters, and I’d quite happily buy Nekotcha and FRD a pint, but I have to admit to being completely and utterly meh about Haze.

For all its talk about interesting narrative and story and whatnot, it still appears to be ‘generic shooter 27′. Very little to set it aside from the crowd other than it being on the PS3 instead of the 360.

8. pjmaybe

Nekotcha Rocks!

9. jtucker78

I used to write short films, but have written a couple of screenplays. I can’t speak for video games but movie scripts are written so that 1 page equals 1 minute of footage. So one page of dialogue typically takes 1 minute to read. Film scripts should be roughly 100 pages long and several movie studios bin scripts that are less than 80 pages or over 120 (Unless it comes from a big named writer). So Haze apparently has 10 movies worth of dialogue/cutscreens/story. (Or nearly 17 hours worth of dialogue/cutscreens/story.)

I’m impressed.

10. patlike

Bloody hell. That’s an awful lot of movies. I’m actually looking forward to it now.

11. G1GAHURTZ

“Without meaning to be mean to the guys though, 1000 pages of script is only the same as 1000 episodes of My Family…”

Interestingly enough (or not), I got into a lift with the woman who plays Abi on My Family about a week ago.

Maybe if I see her again I should ask her how many pages each episode is!

12. Blerk

How big’s the back of a fag packet?

13. GordonR

“Never mind the quality, feel the width.”