MGS4 will only have one VO per territory

Friday, 29th February 2008 08:46 GMT By Patrick Garratt

According to this, MGS4 will only include one language per region because of disc space.

“Unfortunately because of disc space, we don’t have the space to include other languages, other voice over files for the respective versions,” said producer Ryan Payton. “So the Japanese version’s not gonna have English VO, and the North American and European versions won’t have Japanese VO.”

Obviously, this means if you buy the Japanese version, you won’t be able to understand any of it. Unless you speak Japanese, of course.

The game’s now been confirmed for a June 12 release for both the US and Europe.

1. Blerk

wtf? They filled a Blu-Ray? Surely not? o_O

There goes that much-requested 360 version, then. :-D

2. patlike

I’ve excited now. It should be amazing in terms of polish. And yeah, I doubt MS is enjoying reading that ;)

3. Blerk

But but but they could put it on 12 DVDs lol! ;-)

4. patlike

In the words of someone famous, “Whoops”.

5. frod

bu bu xbox has magical compression!

6. G1GAHURTZ

Sounds like they just can’t be bothered to compress the thing.

7. Rhythm

I thought I was interested in MGS4 but I’ve just started playing MGS3 and…. bleurgh!

8. patlike

What’s so bad about it? Apart from the endless, nonsensical “conversations”, obviously.

9. Syrok

Wait! Does this also mean I have to play it German if I buy it here?

10. patlike

I guess it does, yeah.

11. Rhythm

The total lack of gameplay is what’s doing me in. With about 3 hours on the clock I’ve only actually controlled Snake for all of about 30 minutes.

Still, I’m not dissing the game. I know a lot of people love the series and fair play to ‘em. I’ll go play summat else instead :-)

12. patlike

The first two are like that as well, tbh. The second one was hilarious. If you skip the cut-scenes it’s about three hours long.

13. Syrok

He, that sucks. Don’t see why anyone would want to play it in German (Apart from not understanding English). Ah well, I wasn’t going to buy MGS anyway. :)

14. Schabrak

Since when did germany did get a german dub? I think it will stay english dub(whatever kind of english they speak in the trailers) with germany menu and subs. That is the best choice after all. Kojima must have thought about that! XD