This is Vegas allows players to “live out their Vegas fantasies”

Wednesday, 6th February 2008 15:48 GMT By Patrick Garratt

thisisvegas.jpg

And apparently, Vegas fantasies include “fighting, gambling, driving and partying”. Brilliant. The Midway game, developed by Surreal, allows you to do all these things in a virtual Las Vegas. Sounds absolutely amazing.

“We are thrilled to be unveiling the first-ever videogame experience which allows players to live out their wildest Vegas fantasies,” said Alan Patmore, studio head, Surreal. “Whether it’s partying in the hottest night clubs, racing in underground circuits, testing your luck at the tables or getting into a barroom brawl, This is Vegas has it all.”

Midway’s done an exclusive deal with IGN regarding media, so here you go. The game ships with winter for Xbox 360, PS3 and PC.

1. Syrok

THIS. IS. SPARTA!!!

Oh…

That sound interesting, though I do doubt they manage to deliver what they promise.

2. AMG

My Vegas fantasy involves nose-whisky, prostitutes, getting involved in some sort of CSI Vegas case etc.

3. patlike

Mine involves “leaving as quickly as possible”. Fucking horrible place.

4. mart

Oh I quite like Vegas. I think it’s an absolute marvel what they’ve achieved there; I just stepped back and took it in, rather than getting consumed by the guts of it. I can understand why someone might hate it if they’re offended by concentrated, mindless mass consumerism though – it can be pretty disgusting on a human condition level.

5. patlike

I quite like it when I first get there, but there’s no soul to it at all. We went over the Grand Canyon in helicopters when we were at CES this year, though, and that was awesome. I’d definitely recommend that.

6. mart

Aye I did that when I went. Fucking outstanding. I love how you completely lose your sense of scale.

7. patlike

I especially liked the trailers in the middle of the desert on the way back surrounded by cars in “The Hills Have Eyes” style. Nice.

8. videogaming247 » Blog Archive » This is Vegas - new trailer and screenshots

[...] For more information on the game you can direct your pointer to this link. [...]