Japanese Home survey rude awakening for Sony

Monday, 4th February 2008 09:42 GMT By Patrick Garratt

home2.jpg

A Famitsu survey which asked readers whether or not they’re interested in PlayStation Home has returned some less than positive results, according to this. The question, specifically, was, “What do you think about member services like PlayStation Home?” The answers will have the SCEJ kids sweating.

• 27.3 percent are interested in trying it out
  • 37.3 percent don’t care
  • 35.4 percent dislike such services

Maybe Home’s more suited to the west, then. Or not, as the case may. We like the look of it, anyway.

1. Blerk

I agree with the Japanese. Well… 72.7% of them, anyway.

2. patlike

I’m quite looking forward to dancing around in a forest and buying a film from a cinema. No idea why, like.

3. Syrok

I’m more interested in those Playstation Cards. Wonder what’s taking them so long to release them, seeing that the option to use them has been added to the system a long time ago. Bit pointless to have the option but don’t have the necessary cards to use it.

4. DrDamn

It is the sort of thing which before you get suckered it you are likely to dismiss. I.e. Stuff like Facebook and WoW. I’m interested to see how it all fits together though how much I end up using it depends on how much it gets in the way of the basics of playing games.

5. Zumi

I think it looks really good. For a free service, that is.

6. patlike

I really do reckon it’ll be good, provided enough people use it, obviously. It’s certainly a USP over 360.

7. Aretak

I can’t say I really have any interest in it, but considering it’s free, you can’t really complain can you?

8. patlike

I reckon it’ll do a pretty good job of “sticking” the player to the machine. If they do it right it could be a proper reason to buy a PS3.

9. scuz

uhh..they’re Japanese, they’re not to be trusted.