Uh oh. Just proving that even people that count for a living aren’t infallible, NPD has admitted it made a mistake in its recent list of 2007’s PC game sales in the US and has released an amended version. Deluxe and Gold versions had been left on the original list, the biggest winner in the revised version being The Sims 2, moving from sevent to third. Here’s the new top 10, courtesy of Gamasutra.
1. World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade – (Vivendi) – 2.25 million
2. World of Warcraft– (Vivendi) – 914K
3. The Sims 2 – (Electronic Arts) – 534K
4. The Sims 2 Seasons Expansion Pack – (Electronic Arts) – 433K
5. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare – (Activision) – 383K
6. Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars – (Electronic Arts) – 350K
7. MS Age of Empires III – (Microsoft) – 313K
8. Sim City 4 – (Electronic Arts) – 294K
9. MS Flight Simulator X – (Microsoft) – 280K
10.The Sims 2: Bon Voyage Expansion Pack – (Electronic Arts) – 272K
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.